Fuel Cell Gaskets
Stockwell Elastomerics has been a supplier of high quality silicone rubber to the fuel cell market for many years. SSP4749-XX platinum cured high consistency rubber (HCR) from Stockwell Elastomerics offers excellent temperature resistance, strength and inertness for PEM fuel cell stacks. The platinum cured silicone rubber, also called addition cured silicone rubber, does not have the same organic acids that naturally occur in peroxide cured silicone rubber.
SSP4749-XX can be molded into flat, window gasket configurations or made with added sealing beads. Fuel cell gaskets can be die cut, waterjet cut or molded to custom geometries as specified by OEM engineers. These gaskets can be made with thin cross-sections from a wide range of durometer (10 – 70 duro Shore "A").
FDA High Consistency Rubber (HCR) - SSP4749-XX
Stockwell Elastomerics offers SSP4749-XX silicone rubber sheets that meet the FDA 21 CFR 177.2600 regulation for indirect food contact. This HCR silicone rubber is used for die cut, water jet, and tool-less flash cut parts used in food processing environments. SSP4749-XX is an FDA, unpigmented, platinum catalyzed gum based silicone rubber with excellent physical properties. Stockwell Elastomerics also offers SSP4749-XX FDA silicone rubber in compression molded 3D parts for special applications.
- SSP4749-10 – 10 durometer Platinum Cured High Consistency Rubber (HCR)
- SSP4749-20 – 10 durometer Platinum Cured High Consistency Rubber (HCR)
- SSP4749-30 – 30 durometer Platinum Cured High Consistency Rubber (HCR)
- SSP4749-40 – 40 durometer Platinum Cured High Consistency Rubber (HCR)
- SSP4749-50 – 50 durometer Platinum Cured High Consistency Rubber (HCR)
- SSP4749-60 – 60 durometer Platinum Cured High Consistency Rubber (HCR)
- SSP4749-70 – 70 durometer Platinum Cured High Consistency Rubber (HCR)
Fuel Cell Cushioning
Much like batteries for Electric Vehicles (EVs), a fuel cell stack needs expansion cushions and padding that can compress and expand with the stack. Silicone foam is an excellent choice because of its exceptional ability to rebound after many cycles. Also, silicone foam is mechanical stabile at high and low temperatures. Many other foam materials will become very firm at low temperature and soft at high temperatures. Silicone foam materials offered by Stockwell Elastomerics are UL 94V-0 flame rated, meaning it will self-extinguish within 10 seconds, with no drips allowed, on a vertical burn. Lastly, Stockwell Elastomerics' silicone foams are also rated for smoke and toxicity commonly used for airplanes and rail applications.
- Ultra Soft BISCO® Silicone Foam: BF-2000 (1.5 psi)
- Extra Soft BISCO® Silicone Foam: BF-1000 (1 - 5 psi) and F12 (4 psi)
- Soft BISCO® Silicone Foam: HT-870 (2 - 7 psi)
- Medium BISCO® Silicone Foam: HT-800 (6 - 14 psi)
- Firm BISCO® Silicone Foam: HT-820 (12 - 20 psi)
- Extra Firm BISCO® Silicone Foam: HT-840 (16 - 26 psi)
- BISCO® Silicone Foam Gasket Tape: HT-800 gasket tape, rolls with acrylic adhesive
Contact Stockwell Elastomerics for Fuel Cell Gaskets
Contact Us for further assistance with fuel gaskets made from SSP4749-XX platinum cured high consistency rubber (HCR).