Stockwell Elastomerics is pleased to announce the arrival and installation of 3 new Graco Fluid Automation F4-55 units for liquid silicone rubber (LSR). In addition to these new units in phase 1 of this equipment expansion, several new liquid injection molding machines are on order for phase 2.
Stockwell Elastomerics has experienced heavy demand for a range of products in the past 18 months, and the focus of support is on current customer partners to provide high performance LSR molded and fabricated products for applications in technology and defense sectors.
This new equipment will support current customers by:
- Expanding the readiness of the support equipment feeding the liquid silicone rubber injection molding operations. These new units will increase reliability and uptime and allow upgrades to current equipment without negatively impacting available capacity.
- Dedicating support equipment for select raw material inputs.
- Modernizing equipment and improving process control while minimizing change management impacts – these Graco units are fully qualified with current validated process.
This capital investment ensures continued process capability including a variety of colors, durometers, and types of liquid silicone resins. The supply chain challenges in 2021 have required that operations continue to decrease the average campaign size to optimize service to customers.
Key Technical Features of the Graco Fluid Automation Equipment:
- Hydraulic free pumping to ensure a smaller footprint and lower contamination levels
- Stainless steel construction (white room and clean room capable)
- Closed loop processing system – parts exposed to air only after molding / curing
- Multiple features for efficient changeover to increase available capacity
- Modern human-machine interface (HMI) for enhanced process control and easier operator training
- Ability to adapt to various raw material batch sizes
- Tools to integrate preventative maintenance with Stockwell Elastomerics’ ERP and Quality Management System