Renewable Energy Applications for Gaskets and Pads
Stockwell Elastomerics has been a long time supplier of gaskets, cushioning pads and custom rubber components to OEMs in the renewable energy sector.
- Supply side – Stockwell Elastomerics works with various solar, wind, and fuel cell manufacturers.
- Energy distribution – Stockwell Elastomerics works with inverter manufacturers, energy storage systems, distributed energy storage systems (DESS), distributed energy resources (DER), smart grid monitoring and smart metering.
- Demand side – Stockwell Elastomerics works with technology leaders in green energy – LED lighting, electric vehicles (EV), EV charging stations and a wide range of devices designed to reduce energy consumption.
There is a strong move by utilities companies to develop a smart grid, not only for better use of energy but also for a safer, more secure grid. At the same time most renewable energy products are designed for long term service, for years and decades, often in rugged conditions. The cost of field failures due to dust or water ingress can be extremely expensive, not only to replace equipment but the cost to deploy repair technicians.
Stockwell Elastomerics has a core competence in outdoor ruggedization, manufacturing custom gaskets, enclosure gaskets, vibration dampening, thermal pads, and EMI gaskets to protect electronics from harsh environmental conditions. Stockwell Elastomerics’ Applications Engineers work with design engineers to help specify materials and geometries that will perform well in long term applications and are cost effective to manufacture.
At a Glance:
- Applications engineering assistance
- Materials selection and material inventory to support rapid response
- Tool-less cutting for fast production or prototyping
- Full production capabilities, from gasket tape slitting and die cutting to custom silicone molding
Contact Stockwell Elastomerics
Contact Us for further assistance with gaskets, pads, and components for renewable energy applications.